Designing Robots – Designing Humans
- a three-day seminar discussing our posthuman future
Designing Robots – Designing Humans was a public seminar on how robots will engage human beings as learners and cultural beings in the future. Robots are already in our public sector, but few consider the dynamic changes caused by this use of future technology. Together with a group of excellent robot researchers we discussed questions raised by new robot design and human-robot coexistence.
• Jennifer Robertson, Professor of Anthropology and the History of Art at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
• Lucy Suchman, Professor of Anthropology of Science and Technology in the Department of Sociology at Lancaster University, UK
• Morana Alac, Associate Professor in Communication and Science Studies, University of California, San Diego, USA
• Claudia Castaneda, Senior Scholar-in-Residence at B.A. Wellesley College; Ph.D. University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
Three days and three themes:
The seminar was a joint event hosted by Future Technologies, Culture and Learning, Department of Education, Aarhus University & ROCA (Robot Culture and Aesthetics) Department of Arts and Cultural Studies, University of Copenhagen in collaboration with Asian Dynamics Initiative, University of Copenhagen.